NEW 4-day training module. 1 Day MAP Introduction course plus 3 Day MAP Trainer course
Date: 7-10 March 2019
*NOTE – Pre-requisite to becoming a MAP Trainer: In-depth knowledge of human anatomy.
Wingate Park Country Club
Norval Street Moreleta Park
MAP Introduction course: Redefining the core
This course addresses the following topics:
- The MAP Concept: introduction to muscle meridian theory vs muscle isolation theory.
- Article review: Sitting is the new smoking by Selen Yeager. This section reveals how sitting has been scientifically shown to shut down our good posture and how it negatively affects our movement.
- Article review: Pandiculations: natures way of maintaining functional integrity by LF Bertolucci. In this section we discuss the characteristics of fascia and how a technique called “pandiculation” has been proven to loosen fascia slings and re-train movement.
- Article review: Training principles for fascial connective tissue by Robert Schleip and Divo Müller.
- Hydration of fascia: Foam roller techniques to increase the elasticity of fascia.
- Proprioceptive training: Movement principles to increase the body’s awareness in space.
- Anatomy trains: explaining the Fascia slings according to Thomas Myer and redefining the concept of core.
- Breathing techniques: fascia release for improved diaphragmatic breathing.
- Practical application: How to create spinal movement utilizing breathing techniques.
- MAP fascia practical class.
MAP Trainer Course:
This course that covers the following:
- Review of introduction course
- Theoretical teaching around deep front line
- Practical application of the deep front line through movement and self manual release
- MAP practical class
- Theoretical teaching and practical application of the anterior line
- Theoretical teaching and practical application of the posterior line
- Theoretical teaching and practical application of the lateral line
- Introduction of MAP 5 evaluation principles
- Application of MAP 5 evaluation principles
- MAP group class
- Theoretical teaching and practical application of the Spiral line
- Crossing the lines: integration of all the knowledge using practical sessions
- Taking a client from individual sessions to group sessions
- How to compose a group class
- Teaching principles
- Application of knowledge in a case study